Refresh and extend the life of your wraps at home with our pre-made BeeRefresh™ Blocks in parchment tulip paper cup. They are approximately 4 fluid ounces, and 2 oz by weight and will make a set of 3 S, 3 M, 3 L wraps, and will refresh many wraps depending upon usage and wear. A little bit of wax formula goes a long way!
This specially formulated beeswax formula block is available to you to make your life easier when you don't have time to make your own formula, or just don't want to because you need to simplify life!
After you have used your Beeswax Wraps regularly, you may grate or cut small pieces off this wax block to add more wax to your wraps and extend the life of your wraps!
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Cover large cookie sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread a fabric piece (or pieces, depending on size) flat on parchment paper. For the Bread Wraps, just fold fabric in half to fit on the sheet, leaving top 2 corners longer so that you don’t pick up all 4 corners, just the 2 corners to waft it.
- Grate or cut off pieces of wax formula block and place onto fabric somewhat evenly, or if refreshing, place wax on areas where cracks are present. Remember, a little wax goes a long way, it's easier to add more than to remove excess wax.
- Put cookie sheet in oven for 2 minutes, or until wax melts and fabric looks wet.
- Remove from oven and look for any dry spots. Brush mixture over these uncovered areas, applying more coating as needed.
- Pick up the wrap by the corners (I use a pair of small tongs – works great and easy clean up) and waft for about 20 seconds until it stiffens and then you can lay it down on a protected flat surface for further cooling while you work on next wraps. It helps to have a fan going!
- Repeat steps with additional pieces of fabric until you are out of coating mixture.
- Fold up and save your parchment paper set in a clean dry place for future use. There will be some wax that remains on the paper and can be used to refresh your wraps after some uses.
Caring for your Beeswax Wraps
- This product contains 100% Cotton Print Fabrics, Beeswax, Pine Rosin and Jojoba Oil.
- Keep away from open flames.
- Do NOT use to wrap meats and fish.
- Do NOT use this product in dishwashers, microwaves, on stove tops or in ovens.
- Hand wash in cool soapy water, gently wipe with soft sponge or cloth. Dry thoroughly, can be draped over other dishes, utensils, etc in dish strainer. Store in cool dark cupboard or drawer. Do not store in direct sunlight or near any heat source (including on top of microwave ovens). Check often for signs of spoilage.
- Never put Beeswax Wraps in microwaves, ovens, on stove tops, on any hot or warm food or container.